Tuesday, June 17, 2014

American Flag Door Hanger

What better way to start off The Cliffhanger than with this easy tutorial for an American flag door hanger!


I always feel very patriotic in the summertime and inspired to do American flag themed crafts, what with July 4th and Pioneer Day (Utah) both in the month of July. I made this in about half an hour from materials I already had! so it cost me $0!

All you need is ribbon and/or fabric scraps, a hanger and a pair of scissors.


First you need to decide how long you want the flag to be, I wanted mine to be about 20 inches from the base of the hanger to the bottom of the flag. Then cut strips of fabric that are the length of the flag times two. Cut them double the length of the flag so you can drape it or loop it over the hanger. I cut from a variety of fabric patterns and textures to help mix it up a little. 

I then cut the blue fabric half the length of the red and white fabric. I cut mine in different widths to add to the variety.

Now you just tie them to the hanger! I looped mine, but you could tie them or sew them or do whatever your heart tells you!



After spending time in Europe I am especially grateful for this country and the freedom that we enjoy. I am also grateful for free water with ice at every restaurant you go too... 'Merica.'


No comments:

Post a Comment