Friday, December 12, 2014

She Loves Me Costume Design

I am excited to finally post about She Loves Me, that I designed the costumes for this fall. It was such a great experience and I am excited to share my designs!

She Loves Me is set in Budapest in the 1930's. The story is based off of familiar stories like Shop Around the Corner, and The Parfumerie, the same stories that the popular film You've Got Mail is based off of. 


I was lucky enough to work with an awesome production team and as a team we worked together to create a cohesive show with some fantastic design elements. My approach with the costume design was to help the audience feel the change in season. The show starts in the summer time and moves to autumn, and winter before the end of the show. I used color, texture and style to express the different seasons.

Below are my final renderings as well as some production photos from each season!

SUMMER

 




AUTUMN






WINTER







The cast was so fun and so amazing to work with and I had an awesome crew of help in the costume studio to help me get all of this done in time! We had one month from the day it was cast to our first dress rehearsal which is crazy turn around time but WE DID IT!!! I am so grateful I had the opportunity to design this show and I learned so much from the experience.







2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you posted before and after its fun to see how it looks on stage. So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete